Enough sweet things for now, let’s get started on something savory!!!
1 tbsp Olive Oil
1 Onion, chopped
2 cloves fresh Garlic (depending on how much you like!)
2-3 Carrots, chopped
500 g pack beef mince
1 can chopped tomatoes
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 Cubes Beef Stock with 300 ml water
2 Bay Leaves
Spices like Rosemary and Oregano (half a teaspoon each, aldepending on what you like)
900g Potato, cut into chunks
3 tbsp Oat Milk
Just look at how yummy it’s going to be:
So now put the work in and enjoy your meal!
1. Heat up a pan with a little bit of Olive Oil and put the onions & garlic in the hot pan until they are softened (about 3 to 5 minutes) and put on your Kettle on.
2. Put the softened onion and garlic in a big pot and use the pan to fry up the minced beef.
3. Whilst the beef is frying , you can already add the chopped carrots, chopped tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, beef stock and bay leaves to the pot with the onions.
4. Once the beef is finished add it to the big pot and get everything to boil.
5. After that put your stove on low-medium heat and let it sizzle for 45 minutes.
Whilst we are waiting for the meat sauce to be done, let’s do the mashed potatoes:
6. Cook the potato chunks until they are done, but not too soft and drain off the water.
7. Add 3 tbsp of Oat Milk and 1 tbsp of vegetable margarine spread.
8. Mash it all together to get a slightly creamy consistency.
9. TIP (from my mum): Add a little bit of salt and NUTMEG to the mashed potatoes for really good taste!
10. Once the meaty bit has been simmiring long enogh you can put it in your favorite pie form and spread the finished mashed potatoes over it. You can even put on some sort of design on the mashed potatoes with a fork.
11. Put the pie in the pre-heated 160C Fan oven for about 15 minutes or until you get a nice golden colour on your mashed potatoes.
Thats’s it, you’re finally all done! Enjoy your meal!!!